Sunday, August 3, 2008

for the color challenged...

If you are having trouble thinking of your color palette or don't know how to combine your favorite colors go to Colour Lovers. You can create your own color palette. You can even use an image from the internet as your inspiration. Here is one I created with my colors:
                           Kentucky Wedding

You can also use Big Huge Labs. You download a picture and it generates your colors. This is a picture behind my reception spot. You can use any photo that inspires you.

                           Keeneland Race Track Orton by Sleestak66.

#9cc7e3
regent st blue
#6b8545
dingley
#849247
wasabi
#9bc7e3
regent st blue
#7e814f
kokoda
#635849
millbrook
#9dc7e3
regent st blue
#9da67f
locust
#838c4e
flax
#9ec9e5
regent st blue
#829456
highland
#8d9c4b
chelsea cucumber
#9ec8e5
regent st blue
#616a3b                           
verdigris






               












I am still tweaking the colors a bit. I am thinking of blue for the bridesmaids dresses, green for linens and brown for accents. I am wanting a little lighter green. More minty rather than olive.I recommend choosing your location and then your colors. If I were getting married in a ballroom I would have never chosen these colors. My location has views of horse farms and has a barn type atmosphere. I am going for earthy, rustic elegance.

Pick your colors wisely! It is the base of all your other decisions. Flowers, bridesmaids,cake.....


No comments: